09 February 2010

6th grade Basketball

So after our wonderful first tackle football experience it was time for BASKETBALL! It was a few weeks before Christmas and we had received our roster and schedule but no one had called about any practices and it was TUES. and the first game was SAT.! I called the city and no one had come forward to coach, so I said, "Put my name down, we're having practice today". THANK GOODNESS Jen had just married Jimmy and he was VERY excited about helping me. It's worked out really good. We lost that first game and one since the new year so we're 6-2. THEN a few weeks ago it was time for team pictures. Long story short I refuse to pay more for pictures than I did to even play in the league. So we took our own team picture at practice and everyones individual and I came up with my own "Memory Mate" for each of the boys. I LOVE PSE! (see the kid next to Jimmy in the back? Yah, I photoshopped him in!) AND it only costs $1.50 each instead of the bargain from the "professional" photographer for $20.
It's been pretty fun. The boys are pretty goofy when I run practice by myself, and they think Jimmy is pretty RAD!

3 comments:

David and Jill said...

Just a short note from a very proud dad (father of the coach) and grandfather (of Michael) and father-in-law of Jimmy! {Is a "Go Wyo" appropriate here? Just teasing Michael!}

The McLaughlin's said...

You're my hero! I hope someday I'm coaching my boys' basketball teams!

Tala Motuliki said...

i love your call for action, "put me in," LOL! sounds like so much fun, ypu're good at the photoshop thing! i need some training in that department *hint hint* lol! Good job michael!