24 July 2009

M & H first airplane ride

Michael and Haleigh were invited to go camping for a week with Grandma and Grandpa Frahm in Wyoming. Since we had just been there I was not going to drive back all that way... So we flew them up on Allegiant Air. It's totally cheap out of Vegas. So we drove down and through the terrible traffic and Jen dropped us off and we hurried in and through security and got to our gate and they were loading! Both kids were holding onto my arms pretty tight when we took off! :) But then they enjoyed looking out the window and watching the clouds. Next thing we knew we were breathing in that fresh mountain air again and hugging Grandma! Casper airport has 3 gates... all in the same room. So we visited for a little bit and waited for the lady to bring me my return flight boarding pass and I got back on and headed back to Vegas. We flew right back over St. George and all I could think was "stop, I'll get out here". We were to give my neighbor Channing a ride back to St. George after she got in from N.Y. at midnight (Vegas time... which is 1am our time) and I already knew her flight would be late. So I got some food and got comfortable on the floor in front of her gate and set my alarm for 1am (Vegas time... 2am our time) and woke up and checked the ticker to find that her gate was moved... luckily only 3 more down the terminal. So I waited and out she came, called Jen and she picked us up and we drove home and crawled in bed about 4:15 am! :) Then of course Mya was up at 6 and Daniel up at 7 to help scouts with flags and then I had to go at 9 to the 24th party to paint faces. Luckily I caught up on sleep all afternoon!
Surely Michael and Haleigh are having the time of their lives camping, fishing, 4 wheeling, bbgun shooting and who knows what else! Look forward to their blog post when they get home this next week!

3 comments:

Jules said...

yeah! How fun! Love the pages! And I wish I was campin with ma and pa too.

The Leithead Family said...

That sounds like a long day for you!!

Rachel Smith said...

hey your good at that digital scrapbooking!
I wish I could go to the splash-pad! We're movin on saturday and I'm a packing fool this week. I'm totally not prepared. We just got home from lake powell and now it's crunch time!