
Happy Anniversary to US! Time flys when you're having fun! I love that even though we have some very different interests we have found some things that we
BOTH LOVE to do together. One of our
FAVORITE things is to go hike slot canyons here in Southern Utah! We hooked up with Daniel's co-scouter Jeff and his kids +1 and headed to
KEYHOLE for our anniversary hike (also Jeff's birthday). It's really early in the season so we were a little nervous about water depths and temperatures. Jeff and Sophie had wetsuits and luckily the water in the 2nd 1/2 was the lowest we've ever seen it! Still there were 2 places that were deep and Jeff was AWESOME enough to give shoulder rides across!! The long swim at the end was
FREEZING! My legs were hot pink and my feet were absolutley
FROZEN! It was a ton of fun. I was really glad Sophie came, she's only 10 and she never complained or whined even when she was a little spooked! I can't say that about all the kids who have gone on hikes with us!! But I want her to come again when we take Michael out for his first time... hopefully by the end of the summer!!

Daniel at the opening of the second section where we put our gear on and make the first rapell

I take credit for this move that gets you across the first pot hole without getting wet, which although inevitable, is always the name of the game. (above)

Jeff smiling that Sophie is the easiest person he gave a ride to all day!
1 comment:
cool! Looks fun! LONG LIVE THE KING AND QUEEN!
Post a Comment