24 July 2010

Pioneer Day!

We had to start today pretty early. The boys had to put out some flags for scouts on their way up to the church to start cooking breakfast, so they left about 6:15am. Us girls left about 6:40am and walked up to the church to join the 5k race/walk that was going to be before breakfast. Haleigh and McKenna ran and I only got a picture because Colleen and I decided to do part of the loop backwards so we could run into them and see how they were doing. They were pretty hot and tierd, McKenna had a side ache and Haleigh's foot hurt. But they kept on going! :) Near the end, at the last water station, Haleigh ran through some rocks and a little too close to a cactus! Duck tape works pretty darn good for removing cactus from your skin, f.y.i. Then we ate the HUGE breakfast that Daniel and Michael helped prepare. They made a ton of food! Then there was a couple bounce houses w/ water and lots of games for the kids, and a photo booth which was really fun. Haleigh and I topped the morning off with a snow cone. Then I took the kids swimming with my friend Lisa and her kids all afternoon. After living in St. George for 10 years it was my first time on the hydrotube at the city pool. That thing is awesome! I had never even looked around the fence to see the end. It actually cooled down to just under 100 degrees this afternoon as a storm was blowing by, it never rained on us, but it sure looked like it could.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Now THOSE are some SEXY pioneers!!!

Jules said...

oh my gosh, that is a funny pic!

amy said...

Great pictures Jamaica. I love your blog.