21 February 2009

Hansen Shoot Out

Went Shooting this afternoon with Michael and Haleigh. Originally Daniel and Michael were just going to go. But then Daniel asked if I'd like to go. I think he could read it on my face that I didn't really want to stay home and clean the house while they played all afternoon. Then we asked Haleigh if she was interested in learning how to shoot, and she was WAY excited. So we went. It was really fun! BIG thanks to Ju and Jen for letting Mya hang with them.

Everyone shot really well. The .22 rifle was a little heavy for Haleigh and she thought she couldn't even pull the trigger... until Dad noticed the safety was still on. It was pretty funny. Michael is quite the shot with both the rifle and the pistol and Haleigh did hit the target twice with the rifle! :) But even with those two shots she beat me! Until I started shooting left handed, which is correct for me, but I'm right handed so it doesn't come real natural. I do gymnastics left handed too, I know... I'm weird. I like shooting the .38 pistol the best. Still not a great shot with it, but it's got a little more kick than the .22 without making me flinch like the 9mm or knocking me over like the 50 cal! I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy controlling the hair spray, but we also took the potato gun out and launched a few. Now that's entertainment! :)

This was the kids lesson on why we never play with guns... gallon jug full of water= human head.

3 comments:

CallisterCatch said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. I can already probably guess that you are a better shot than I am. I swear I am looking where I want to shot and when I do shoot it is totally off. It really scary.

brandonandlexee said...

Nice face Haleigh! That is a good way to teach them guns aren't toys...good thinkin:0) That looks like fun. Have I ever told me my gun story?? It's pretty funny...Brandon will never let me live it down. Me and you should go get our concealed weapons permits together:0)

Andrea said...

How fun! I love target shooting! I keep telling Kev I want my own hand gun just to play around with. It may be too late though.. I told him to act before Obama came into office. He has made it a little impossible now.....