07 October 2010

Cake Class!


At Michael's school they have what they call Thunderbolt time. It's about a 30 minute period 3 times a week where the kids get to enjoy an enrichment class or and intervention class to better understand concepts they aren't getting, or even go to study hall. So I had this fabulous idea to volunteer to teach a cake decorating class. It was really fun and I think the kids enjoyed it (I heard a couple of them say it was their favorite TBT EVER!) but it took ALOT of prep time, not to mention it was smack dab in the middle of my day. I had to bow out for next session, Eric and his family are coming and will stay with us for a week which would have been right in the middle of class again and I think once was enough for me. It was mostly fun to get to be able to see how Michael and his peers are at school. 7th grade boys are weird. :)

No comments: