04 September 2010

Millions of peaches

The church orchard was opened today for gleaning peaches. They had already harvested over a million pounds to can for the church! Each family was allowed 200 lbs. So me Jen and Ju took Taylor and Michael and got 600 lbs. I put up about 27 quarts and made jam and peach leather, then froze a bunch. Took some to all the neighbors and sent a couple boxes North to mom and dad because Tom and Deanna where visiting for the weekend. It sure was fun! What a blessing!

4 comments:

Tom said...

We were really glad to told us about it. We should have probably tried to get out Saturday, like you guys did, but had a fun time Monday, and got to bring some home. I real treat.

CallisterCatch said...

I'm so jealous! Next time you better invite me.

Brittany H. said...

Holy cow--awesome!!

Alan and Robyn said...

That reminds me of when we used to help Mom can peaches and make marmalade. Looks like you had good help!