I can't believe I'm saying this, but we haven't been on a hike ALL summer. Last weekend we drove out to Zions with Jimmy, Jen, Ju, and Daniel's buddy Carson to hike Keyhole only to find out they were only giving out 20 permits, instead of the usual 60-80, due to the constuction going on past the tunnel. Pinecreek is completely closed. The video for express permits had changed so we watched that, again. And got signed up for that, so at least we can by-pass the backcountry desk for the next 3 years now. So we came home with a little tour of a ghost town out there called Grafton. Then Jen and I made it down to the Dixie Center for the preparedness expo. Which wasn't totally enlightening, but interesting. And they had a presentation by some Dr.'s who went to help in Haiti after the earthquake that was really good.


So Carson had his mind SET on going on a hike with Daniel and kept calling him to take him. So they planned on Friday to do Birch Hallow. Daniel wanted me to go, but I had too much to do and told Daniel if he got a babysitter for Mya all day that I'd be more than happy to go. Well... that didn't happen. :) But Daniel and Carson and Kirt went and had a great time. We might try and squeeze it in in 3 weeks when we have an open Saturday again. We'll see.


I really do need to go though, these are the
only 2 pictures out of about 20 that turned out. :)
1 comment:
nice pictures...
Post a Comment