09 April 2009

BHE Science Fair 2009

Michael needed to do a science experiment to get his scientist pin in scouts, and since he didn't do the science fair last year (it was the same week Mya was born) he saved his experiment for this year... and he won "Teacher's choice"! Good job Michael. His experiement was to find which of his favorite restaurants had the best drinking water. He found out he's better off filling a water bottle at home with our excellently filtered water and taking it with him. 1st place in 5th grade was a kid who polled people of all ages about their fears and found out that younger people have a fear of the dark and ghosts and older people have fears about money and their future (not the most 'scientific' experiment, but interesting). The winner of the entire science fair was a girl who wanted to know which was dirtier, dog's mouths or cat's mouths... both were pretty gross, but I also believe that not all bacteria is bad. Not to critisize because it was really well done, I think she should have done her own mouth too. GOOD JOB MICHAEL!

3 comments:

CallisterCatch said...

Good Job Michael!! When I was in the 5th Grade I won our science fair. My science fair project was "Why Do Dead Fish Float" very interesting huh!

Roth Family said...

Okay--that water is gross!!! Good job Michael. However, now I'm going to think about the water at every restaurant!!!LOL

Jules said...

SICK! What the crap is in that water? Wait... it's SG, what's NOT in that water? Ew. Rock on Mike! :)