07 May 2011

IM 2011

I was a little nervous about IMSG 2011 being kinda super prego and everything, but there was NO WAY I was giving up my position!! Luckily it all worked out super awesome, again! I kinda had to hang back this year, but I was able to do LOTS pre-race and on race day I was surprised at how much I was able to do, and then sit down and put my feet up until something else came up. It helped that I had 2 guys just helping with my people because they are first timer captains and needed some experience before their first upcoming races. Pat from TexasIM and Brett from Vegas where they'll have 2 championship races. Which I hope to go down and check those out and maybe lend him a hand.
Jen became a captain over bike aid station #1 and Julie was able to get on with the IM staff and get her internship completed for her degree! So we were ALL involved!
 Jimmy even made it down after work to help out my team and catch his friend Jesse!
 Colleen and McKenna and Tara and Travis joined me and helped out with several tasks.
 This is a group that came down from SLC area and a bunch of them were on my team last year. They were some last minuters that I wrote in and then I figured out that they had been there the year before and was super excited to have people with EXPERIENCE!!
 Michael got into it and did some "catching" with Aaron from our ward.
 Mya and Dad ran the books for me! :)
And Haleigh was our super mylar blanket ripper! And just enjoyed following me around to all the VIP places.

No comments: