10 December 2010

Jessica & Rodney's cake


Our friends' daughter is getting married tomorrow. So it's late and I just finished the cake. Her aunt was going to make it... but I saw how stressed that makes the aunt at the last wedding which was I think less than 6 months ago... and family should be there to enjoy the day and visit etc. So I told Kaatje (the MOB) that I would be more than happy to make the cake. So she finally agreed to let me, and this was a fun one to do. I got to get some pearl molds (which I let my friend Amy try first! :) So I'd know how they work!) on this cake:
Some day Amy and I will have a bakery where we will have people who bake and do all the grunt work and we will decorate!! :)
So anyway, I got to use some new methods and even though I've got a little case of the "bah-humbugs" right now it was really fun to do this cake. I hope they love it when we deliver it tomorrow! It took me from 4pm til 11pm, only the bottom is real and I put a little orange extract in the chocolate buttercream frosting... IT IS SO YUMMY!!

5 comments:

The McLaughlin's said...

Your cakes are beautiful! My sister has been getting into the whole cake thing too. You should check her blog out www.standsfive.blogspot.com
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New years! Take Care!

Brittany H. said...

Amazing--what a delicious talent! :)

Andrea said...

Holy cakes! Jamaica these are seriously SO BEAUTIFUL! I love the cream colored one!! Hope you guys are doing well, haven't talked to you in awhile!

Merry Christmas!

David and Jill said...

The blue one looks like Cinderella's gown for the ball!!!

leigh said...

awesome job!!