12 January 2010

Fun in the SNOW!

So this coming weekend is the Klondike campout for Daniel and his scouts. And on Saturday they were practicing the whole "Be Prepared" part of scouts and went up and pre-dug their snow caves so they'll be all ready for them when they get there. So on Sunday one of the other scout masters comes up to Daniel and asks is advice about the Klondike and informs Daniel that they will be going up sometime in the week to dig theirs. Daniel's ears stood up and his territorial intuition set in and he decided we needed to take a drive that very afternoon! It was fun. We went up to Woods Ranch and "flagged" their caves with do not disturb markers. The kids got to explore all the other caves that were open from previous Klondikers, there was even an igloo! It was a fun hour in the snow and a great place to go back to some day to just play in the snow!


5 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Great family shot! You guys seem to always find fun stuff to do with the whole family!

David and Jill said...

Mya looks bored already with the snow in the family picture. Guess she wouldn't be interested in -30? And Michael could turn his hat around and look like a 'snowball head'. Pretty fun!!

Andrea said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love this pic of you guys too :0) I'm just getting ready to e-mail you a few digi scrap questions... so be watching for it!

Amanda said...

Looks like fun, I love the family picture too! You are so good at digi-scrapbooking; isn't it the best! :) I am loving it.....Hope you guys are doing well, you have an adorable family!

Amanda said...

BTW I LOVE your Christmas card & Pic with Santa. Mya's face is too cute. :)